Healing Your Body Through Ayurveda
Ayurveda has helped millions of people gain back their good health. It’s one of the world’s oldest forms of treating people. It dates back 5,000 years ago.
Ayurveda originated in India. It means “life-knowledge.” This healing practice that comes from the Hindu culture focuses on health and wellness. It harmonizes the mind, body, and spirit.
In Ayurveda, good health and total wellness can be achieved by using yoga, meditation, herbal medicine, massage and a diet that is based on the type of Dosha.
The three dosha’s in Ayurveda are the Vata Dosha, Pitta Dosha, and Kapha Dosha. Each of us is believed to have a combination of the three dosha’s but there is one dosha that is dominant in our body.
By knowing your type of dosha and following the dosha specific diet, you can alleviate any health problems that you have.
Here are the health benefits that you can get from Ayurveda.
1. It helps reduce stress and anxiety. According to a study, meditation, which is one branch of Ayurveda called Maharishi, lowers symptoms of stress. Yoga, when included in a patient’s recovery plan also reduces anxiety and Pranayama which is a targeted breathing exercise, calms the nerves. It improves hormonal function, gives you better energy and a good sleep.
2. It aids in hormonal balance for a healthy pregnancy and a good menstrual flow. It was found out by the Institute of Indigenous Medicine at the University of Colombo in Sri Lanka that using essential oils will help in fighting the bad effects of hormonal imbalance.
3. It minimizes inflammation in the body. Poor diet, inadequate sleep, and poor digestion can cause inflammation. Ayurvedic medicine helps regulate the heart and digestive tract by getting rid of the body’s waste.
4. It lowers blood pressure and cholesterol. The Ayurvedic diet and relaxation techniques will help in reducing plaque buildup. It stops the cause and slowly cures atherosclerosis.
5. One health benefit that you can get by using Ayurveda is it improves your health by cleansing your body. By using “Panchakarma”, the toxins in the body most especially in the intestines are being removed.
6. It promotes good diet. Ayurvedic medicine is mostly a plant-based diet that is filled with whole food. It includes different kinds of tea, spices, herbs, vegetables, healthy fats, protein and foods high in anti-oxidants.
7. Do you have weight problems? Ayurvedic medicine is all about healthy lifestyle. It’s about consuming healthy foods that will give you the optimum health, thus preventing you from gaining weight.
8. Are you beauty conscious? Another health benefit that you get with Ayurveda is gaining a healthy and glowing skin. Natural foods contain vitamins, minerals and tons of antioxidants that will help you glow naturally.
Always remember that diseases start when we abuse our body. By practicing Ayurveda, we restore our body’s energy balance. When there’s balance in our body, we slowly get rid of every disease that we have and prevent our body from developing diseases.